John C. Gain II passed away on May 21, 2020 after a short bout with cancer. He was 80 years old.
Born: Sept. 7, 1939 in Glendale, CA to Cameron E Gain and Virginia Lu Felton Gain
Lived in Burbank for seven years then moved to Jeffersonville
Married Pearl L. Tibbetts in 1960.
· Served in the Coast Guard for four years between 1958 and 1962
· Past Master of Callicoon Masonic Lodge #521
· Present member of Liberty Masonic Lodge #521
· Member of First Presbyterian Church of Jeffersonville (Elder and Cemetery committee)
· Past Scoutmaster BSA Troop #106 for 14 yrs
· Current Chairman District Eagle Board BSA
· Served on the staff of New York Leadership Training BSA 2009-2019
· Involved in Boy Scouts of America over 38 yrs
· Served on JYCS School Board
· Currently serving on Town of Delaware Board as Councilman
· Retired from Catskill Regional Medical Center; currently working in the laboratory part-time; total over 57 years
Survived by wife of 59 yrs, Pearl L. Tibbetts Gain; daughter, Cynthia P. Ward, “Cindi” of Enola, PA, son and daughter in law, John C. Gain III and Suzanne of Groton, NY; brother Ronald Gain (Leandra) of Fort Myers, FL; brother Thomas Gain (Sandra) of Kenoza Lake, NY; sister Alice Gain Diehl (Peter) of Callicoon, NY, grandchildren Nikole Quanz (Michael), Brett Ward and Jordan Gain (Britt), great-grandchildren Kinsly and Archer and many nieces and nephews.
Arrangements are entrusted to the Stewart-Murphy Funeral Home in Jeffersonville, NY 845-482-4280. To send condolences please visit stewartmurphyfh.com
Memorial services will be held at a later date. Memorial donations may be made to the First Presbyterian Church of Jeffersonville, P O Box 685, Jeffersonville, NY 127
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of John Cameron Gain II, please visit our floral store.